Re: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses

Author: Alex_Clark
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses
Ok, I've now set up my routers as follows, so as to validate the internal
recipients address:

verify_recipient:
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{$local_part}cdb{/usr/exim/jlpcdb/jlp.cdb}}
domains = +relay_to_domains
verify_recipient
self = pass
pass_router = send_internal
no_more

send_internal:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
hosts_randomize = true

However, that then says everything is an unrouteable address. If the local
part of the address is valid it should pass back the word 'mail', so how
do I put this into the 'data =' line?

Many thanks,

Alex
alex_clark@???

Matthew Byng-Maddick <exim@???>
Sent by: exim-users-bounces@???
05/10/2006 14:07

exim-users@???
cc

Subject
Re: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:47:18AM +0100, Alex_Clark@???
wrote:
[create the cdb file]
> This then creates a cdb file with entries in the format, e.g.
> +10,4:Alex_Clark->mail
>
> I want to then do a lookup on this when the recipient's address is
> verified. I've modified a part of ACL (which is pretty much the default
> Exim ACL config) by adding the two bottom lines, as below:
>
> accept    local_parts   = postmaster
>         domain          = +relay_to_domains
>         verify          = recipient
>         acl                     = cdb{/usr/exim/jlpcdb/jlp.cdb}{$value}

> ...but it's not doing anything with the bit I've added, so the lookup
> obviously isn't going to plan. It just accepts it if the domain is in

the
> +relay_to_domains as it did before I made any changes. How does it need

> be phrased to perform the verification?

It wouldn't.

verify = recipient runs the destination address through the routers (with
the verify bit set), so what you actually need to be doing is causing
the CDB to be searched at routing time. Without knowing more about how
your configuration works, this is difficult to provide example code for.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>