Re: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses

Author: Dave Evans
To: Alex_Clark
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] CDB lookups to verify addresses
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 02:02:41PM +0100, Alex_Clark@??? wrote:
> Ok, I've now set up my routers as follows, so as to validate the internal
> recipients address:

I seem to have missed some context in this thread - or maybe there's just some
information I'm missing - but are you sure you don't want something more like:

pick_a_name:
domains = +relay_to_domains
local_parts = cdb;/usr/exim/jlpcdb/jlp.cdb
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
hosts_randomize = true

i.e. if the domain is in +relay_to_domains and the local part is in the CDB
file, use the xxx.xx.xxx.xxx SMTP host.

Am I right in assuming that the /value/ in the CDB file is always "mail",
therefore is ignored (i.e. what matters is whether the local part exists in
the CDB file, or not) ?

Assuming you want case-insensitive local parts (e.g. Alex_Clark@??? ==
alex_clark@???), you also want to ensure all the keys of your CDB file
are in lower case.