Re: [exim] Bug voting?

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: W B Hacker, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug voting?
--On 3 October 2006 03:58:14 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>
>> How do you feel about using the voting features of Bugzilla to help
>> decide which features to implement first?
>>

> Probably neither accurate nor germane in the case of Exim.
>
> 'D'ruther trust PH's judgement, which, as we have seen, does a very
> balanced job of taking in what we wish for,

A voting mechanism would merely provide additional data toward a better
judgement of what it is that "we" wish for. It needn't be authoritative. At
least it would give people a different way of expressing their wishes than
mailing the list.

> what is safe, reasonable,
> approriate to an MTA, can be cleanly implemented, fits into the structure
> and design well....etc.

Clearly these issues would need to be balanced against the wishes expressed
above.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex