Re: [exim] Exim Segfault Error

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Perkel
À: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Martin A. Brooks
Sujet: Re: [exim] Exim Segfault Error

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 08:23 +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>
>> Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know if this is an Exim problem, hardware, or a kernel problem.
>>>
>> So, you're running a release candidate development kernel on untested
>> hardware, using a desktop orientated distribution, calling it a server,
>> and wondering why you're having problems?
>>

> I actually run all my mailservers on Fedora, although with the standard
> kernels. There's no reason why that shouldn't be perfectly stable.
>
> I tried setting up Exim+SA+clamav on an 'enterprise' distribution a few
> weeks ago, and it was the most painful experience I've had with Linux in
> a _long_ time.

The only reason I'm compiling my orn kernel is that I'm running the new
AMD AM2 processor and they are using a newer nVidia chipset. The older
chipset had a bug in it and the kernel had a workaround. The newer
chipset fixed the bug but the workaround caused the kernel to lock up on
boot. So I removed the work around and it's happy. I'll be going back to
the stock kernels as soon as this fix makes it into the standard Fedora
Core release.

BTW, for those of you who are interested. I'm seeing a significant speed
increase in the AM2 processor. I'ved looked at some benchmarks that show
the AM2 being only a little faster than the 939 socket CPU but they
weren't running SA and Exim and had hundreds of tasks running. I think
the DDR2 ram with twice the memory speed make more of a difference if
you're running SA.