Re: [exim] Drop incoming mails that have a local domains fro…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop incoming mails that have a local domains fromexternal server
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 14:04 +0200, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Quoting Balzi Andrea:
>
> > I'm trying to block the incoming mails that have a local domains in to
> > FROM header and don't comes from a internal server Like this example:

You need to be really aware that this will reject mail you are not
expecting it to... for example look at the headers of the message you
sent to the mailing list before.

The From: header can quite legitimately belong to your own domain for
email that started inside, was sent out, but is now coming back into
your domain. Most mailing lists do this - the ones that don't are a
complete swine to use because they conceal the sender information.

Envelope senders, however, are not subject to exactly this problem.

    Nigel.