Re: [exim] Mailing list messages go awry.

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
À: W B Hacker, exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Mailing list messages go awry.

--On 26 August 2006 20:05:59 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

> Ian Eiloart wrote:
>>
>> --On 25 August 2006 17:26:06 -0600 Sherwood Botsford
>> <sbotsford@???> wrote:
>>

>>> Once a
>>> week or so, I go through this, adding some names to the blackhole
>>> list. (As a school we have a high turnover. I forward for a year
>>> after they leave, then junk anything else.)
>>

>> Don't do that - reject it. Otherwise people will think they're being
>> ignored. Important notifications could go missing, and your school could
>> -in some rare circumstances- find itself in legal hot water. Legal
>> notifications that are rejected by your server are not considered
>> delivered. Notifications that are black-holed can in some arbitration
>> cases be considered proper legal notification.
>>

> smtp is not, ordinarily, a means of communication with inherent standing
> as far as 'legal notification' is concerned.

No, not ordinarily, and not as far as court cases are concerned. There is,
however, recent UK court ruling that an arbitration case would stand
despite the defendant not having attended. The defendant claimed they'd not
seen the email notifying them of the case, and that the email had been
discarded as spam.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex