Re: [exim] Mailing list messages go awry.

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
À: Sherwood Botsford, exim-users
Nouveaux-sujets: [exim] Email for people who are no longer here. (WAS email goes awry)
Sujet: Re: [exim] Mailing list messages go awry.

--On 25 August 2006 17:26:06 -0600 Sherwood Botsford <sbotsford@???>
wrote:

> Once a
> week or so, I go through this, adding some names to the blackhole
> list. (As a school we have a high turnover. I forward for a year
> after they leave, then junk anything else.)

Don't do that - reject it. Otherwise people will think they're being
ignored. Important notifications could go missing, and your school could
-in some rare circumstances- find itself in legal hot water. Legal
notifications that are rejected by your server are not considered
delivered. Notifications that are black-holed can in some arbitration cases
be considered proper legal notification.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex