Re: [exim] LAN relaying

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Haber
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] LAN relaying
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:57:24 +1200, Stephen <exim@???>
wrote:
>Background:
>-------------
>I've managed to set up exim to use (be?) a smart host,

Using and being a smart host are two quite distinct things. I suggest
making your mind up.

>but I can only send mail from my mail server.

I do not understand what that means.

>Any other computers on the local lan are able to establish a session
>with the server, but eventually get a "relay not permitted" error.
>What's my one line fix that will make this problems go away?

man update-exim4.conf

>Additional Info
>---------------
>I've tried changing update-exim4.conf.conf with
>dc_local_interfaces='192.168.1.1,192.168.2.1', and
>dc_relay_domains='192.168.0.0/16'

|       dc_relay_domains
|              is used to populate the relay_to_domains domainlist, a  list  of
|              domains  for  which we accept mail from anywhere on the Internet
|              but which are not delvered locally, e.g.  because  this  machine
|              serves as secondary MX for these domains.

|       dc_relay_nets
|              A  list  of machines (hostlist) for which we serve as smarthost.
|              Used to populate the relay_from_hosts hostlist. Please note that
|              127.0.0.1   and   ::1   are  always  permitted  to  relay  since
|              /usr/lib/sendmail is available anyway and relay control  doesn't
|              make sense here.  If the string given here contains a semicolon,
|              the string "<;" is prepended to select the semicolon as  separa-
|              tor.

Is this enough explanation?

>Linux: Debian stable
>Exim4

How was it possible for you to miss the pointers to the
Debian-specific exim4 documentation and support media that are
prominently spread throughout the package?

>I'm pretty sure the last line relates to me - but how do I do this in
>debian? something in update-exim.conf.conf?

relay_nets

>Also, I'm a bit nervous about running the debconf thing again as I feel
>it might destroy some things that I've gotton right this time round....
>should I be afraid?

No. I am not aware of any bugs that might overwrite local changes
without asking before. If a program is supposed to overwrite local
changes, this is mentioned in the man page.

If you happen to find such a bug, please report it through the Debian
BTS. Same goes if you're missing a man page that should be there.

You might want to use a backported exim4 from backports.org,
documentation has greatly improved since sarge's release.

Greetings
Marc