Re: [exim] Problem with exim 4.63...

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem with exim 4.63...
Jim van Wel wrote:

*snip*

> FreeBSD 6.0. I have more than 20 servers with the same configuration and
> and exim version 4.63 who does not have these problems, only one
> machine...

Suggestions, more or less in order:

If it is the same '1GDgZZ-000Ojz-Eq' message, freeze it or remove it.

Are you relaying? using an NFS mount? Expanding a nested zip mailbomb?

Then...

peruse /var/log/messages, /var/log/maillog and such for some sign of *other*
oddities.

diff the ~/exim/configure files.

diff the ~/rc.conf, ~/resolv.conf, ~/hosts files & firewall rulesets

list and diff /var/db/pkgs

install & run portaudit

One out of twenty is almost certainly not a 'general' Exim problem.

HTH,

Bill

(Exim on FreeBSD 4.X and 6.X)