Re: [exim] Problem with exim 4.63...

Autor: Mike Meredith
A: exim-users
CC: jim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem with exim 4.63...
Hi

Sometime around Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:12:46 +0200 (CEST), it may be that
Jim van Wel wrote:
> So what I have done at the moment (because the machine is flipping
> like a madddog) is writing a script like this (that is checking with
> cron every minute):

No comment on your real problem but ...

> #!/bin/sh
>
> failed=`cat /var/log/exim/paniclog | grep "remote delivery process
> count got out of step" | tail -10 | wc -l`

Are you sure that it wouldn't work better with the 'tail' before the
'grep' ? Or am I having a Friday afternoon moment ?

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security