[exim] Why does exim chdir to user's home directory on messa…

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Haber
À: exim-users
Sujet: [exim] Why does exim chdir to user's home directory on message delivery?
Hi,

in http://bugs.debian.org/383469, the reporter has noticed that exim
doesn't deliver e-mail to a user with an inaccessible home directory,
even if the delivery target is somewhere else, for example in
/var/spool.

I can reproduce this.

2006-08-17 17:14:03 1GDjZL-0008M3-Ug == user@??? R=local_user T=mail_spool defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to /home/user
with /home/user having mode 000.

I am now wondering whether it makes sense (and is desireable) to set
home_directory = / on our local delivery transports in the Debian
default config.

Is there a reason why exim's default example configuration doesn't do
this?

Greetings
Marc