Re: [exim] Autoreply oddities with mail containing 2 subject…

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Sander Smeenk
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Autoreply oddities with mail containing 2 subjectlines?
Quoting Kjetil Torgrim Homme (kjetilho@???):

> > | 022 Subject: =?utf-8?Q??=
> > | 053 Subject: Accel Solutions vertaa.fi rekister?tyminen
> two Subject fields is illegal according to RFC 2821, see the table in
> section 3.6.

I know that :-)

> if you turn on verify = header_syntax, I believe Exim will
> reject such messages.

That too :-) But the company i work for doesn't want to reject these
legit, but syntactically incorrect, messages :-( (Just as i'm not
allowed to reject hosts that HELO with underscores, etc, etc ... :()

> it's documented behaviour that $h_header: will contain all the fields
> concatenated with '\n', but it's not very convenient in this case.

Exactly. And i wonder if this behaviour is what one would want at this
moment. In my opinion it's bad that the message doesn't get delivered in
THIS way. The filter is correct, just because Exim decides to
concatenate the subject lines without a space it breaks. Maybe it is
possible to concat $h_Subject: /with/ spaces. ;)

> if you don't want to reject these broken messages, you can use
> ${sg{$h_subject:}{\n(\\S)}{\n \$1}}
> (untested -- might not work in a filter, I never use them.)

Thanks. I'll play around with that a bit. Should work...

Thanks and kind regards,
Sander.