Re: [exim] Spam and maillinglists

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
À: Stian Jordet
CC: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Spam and maillinglists
On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 15:36 +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> I wonder what people do when they get spam from maillinglists. I usually
> reject it at SMTP time, but then several maillinglists unsubsribe you.
> Especially linux-kernel does that.

that's just broken, you shouldn't be unsubscribed unless you reject
messages *consistenly* for some time. ideally, the mailing list system
should send a "is this address valid?" probe before unsubscribing.

> Should I just drop spam from
> maillinglists, or should I just accept it and keep it?

I don't really see any ill effects of blackholing messages which contain
the List-Id header. mailing lists will very seldom trigger checks at
RCPT time, so I wouldn't bother to add special tests for *-owner or VERP
to the RCPT ACL.

note that individual Cc of list messages won't contain the List-Id
header, so they will get properly rejected.
--
Kjetil T.