Re: [exim] Autoreply oddities with mail containing 2 subject…

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
À: Sander Smeenk
CC: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Autoreply oddities with mail containing 2 subjectlines?
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 11:38 +0200, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Strange huh! If i check -Mvh for that msgID i find two Subject: lines:
>
> | 022 Subject: =?utf-8?Q??=
> | 053 Subject: Accel Solutions vertaa.fi rekister?tyminen

two Subject fields is illegal according to RFC 2821, see the table in
section 3.6. if you turn on verify = header_syntax, I believe Exim will
reject such messages. furthermore, the encoded word in the first
Subject is not really an encoded-word, since you need to have at least
one encoded character (ie. between the last two question marks). see
section 2 in RFC 2047.

> Did i do something strange, or did i find a little critter in de code? ;)

it's documented behaviour that $h_header: will contain all the fields
concatenated with '\n', but it's not very convenient in this case. if
you don't want to reject these broken messages, you can use

${sg{$h_subject:}{\n(\\S)}{\n \$1}}

(untested -- might not work in a filter, I never use them.)
--
Kjetil T.