Re: [exim] How to remove present spam headers?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] How to remove present spam headers?
Yves Goergen wrote:

> On 04.08.2006 21:35 CE(S)T, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>For starters, have you considered finding "acl_m2X" in your ~/exim/configure
>>file and changing it to 'acl_m2' ??
>

> I'm no starter and I did search that string in my config file but it's
> not there. It must be something that's expanded at evaluation time but I
> have no idea why.

Doesn't sound right.

How about adding a 'logwrite' with a clause-code to every place you use and
acl_m variable. Thta should put a message adjacent to the above error in the
log that gets you closer to the section where hte problem is arising.

>>If then you also look at *more* of the documentation and/or search the archives
>>of this list, you will find many more examples as to how to wildcard and how to
>>add/remove/alter/reposition headers.
>

> Okay, that brought up my own messages, and a few others of which one
> could solve my problem to add and remove multiple headers at a time. But
> I still have no clue how to remove unknown headers by a wildcard
> expression.

"Unknown" meaning you want a wildcard to potentially remove *all* headers, or
perhaps all-execpt <exception list> of headers?

Sounds like potentially more harmful than helpful!

Even stripping only all-possible 'X' headers can be damaging.

> Is there more places I can search than this list and Google?

Why not start with a closer analysis of what you are getting into, just from
your own system records?

Just for starters, have a look at the variety of 'X-' headers alone:

grep -r 'X-' <your mailstore directory tree> > <into some file>

Have a look at that, then see if you want to go further and generate a 'count'
and/or a sorted list of the X-headers that your server has actually transited so
far.

Next try it with 'List'.

And here is an example of a need to be cautious w/r removals, as both good
practice and often also the 'laws of the land' mandate that at least
'List-remove' information be passed with the transmission of mailing-list output.

Look at the full headers of posts from this list for another set of common and
not-so-common 'other than X' headers an MLM admin may add.

> It's not easy to search the documentation if there's endlessly long
> pages with thousands of different topics in them, web search engines
> just aren't built for searching such texts (i.e. there's no NEAR operator).

Given that you *believe* you want to remove all-possible headers, I'd say it
approaches an unending task, as a message might have essentially *anything*
added as a header.

Micros**t mailing tools and MLM's in general, and MailMan in particular, are
rife with examples.

;-)

More realistically, if the goal is to prevent confusion with headers you will
yourself add, all you may need for starters is to remove:

X-Spam* (or even 'X-S*')

- and work up from there

A potentially less 'intrusive' means is to add 'other-than' X- headers, such as
'YG-" headers, act on them, then remove them all as part of your delivery
process so they are never seen by end-users or their correspondents, hence
unlikely to be counterfeited by a spammer.

HTH,

Bill