Re: [exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates.
On Thursday 03 August 2006 18:51, Laurent Fousse took the opportunity to say:
> Hello,
>
> I've experienced some difficulties with a mailing-list manager,
> enemies-of-carlotta[1] or eoc in short. eoc relies on the RECIPIENT
> variable to see if the incoming email is a list or not, and act
> accordingly. This makes it easy to manage a list as a user directly
> from your procmailrc.
>
> The problem occurs when exim removes duplicate copies of an incoming
> message (assume one of the recipients is the list address, the other
> is my personal user address, both routed to the procmail transport for
> the same user). In that case the RECIPIENT variable contains only one
> of the the two recipients (and eoc may not see the message). Even if
> it did contain both, eoc currently cannot cope with it. The
> `Envelope-To' header contains both recipients, but then I need to
> post-process the message to extract that value and loop over each
> recipient. I'd rather avoid it and instead tell exim to please not
> remove duplicates, no matter what.

In my setup, procmail is run twice, once for each recipient.
Exim removes duplicates if two addresses are aliases of a common address, for
example if you have the following in /etc/aliases:

bar: foo

then a mail to foo and bar will only be delivered once.

If you post the relevant parts of your configuration we can help you find out
what's wrong. Also, you have checked in the log that procmail is indeed only
called once, right?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)