Re: [exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates…

Author: Laurent Fousse
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates.
Hello,

* Magnus Holmgren [2006-08-04]:
> In my setup, procmail is run twice, once for each recipient.
> Exim removes duplicates if two addresses are aliases of a common address, for
> example if you have the following in /etc/aliases:
>
> bar: foo
>
> then a mail to foo and bar will only be delivered once.
>
> If you post the relevant parts of your configuration we can help you find out
> what's wrong. Also, you have checked in the log that procmail is indeed only
> called once, right?

I have:

    testexim1: laurent
    testexim2: laurent

in my /etc/aliases file. If I send an email to both
testexim1@??? and testexim2@??? from
another host, I see from the procmail log that:

    - procmail is run once,
    - the RECIPIENT variable is set to laurent@???
      which is the local recipient after alias expansion is done. The
      actuel recipients are stored in the Envelope-To header,
    - the exim log file shows only a delivery to one recipient:

    2006-08-05 12:52:21 1G9JlV-0007gO-GV <= laurent@??? H=smtp.conuropsis.org (topaz.conuropsis.org) [217.115.192.216] P=esmtps X=TLS-1.0:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32 S=634 id=E1G9JlU-00073E-3m@???
    2006-08-05 12:52:22 1G9JlV-0007gO-GV => laurent <testexim1@???> R=procmail T=procmail_pipe
    2006-08-05 12:52:22 1G9JlV-0007gO-GV Completed

My system_aliases router:

system_aliases:
debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
driver = redirect
domains = +local_domains
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}

My procmail router:

procmail:
debug_print = "R: procmail for $local_part@$domain"
driver = accept
domains = +local_domains
check_local_user
local_part_suffix = -*
local_part_suffix_optional
transport = procmail_pipe
require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
no_verify
no_expn

My procmail_pipe transport:

procmail_pipe: