[exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates.

Author: Laurent Fousse
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Configuration variable to *not* remove duplicates.
Hello,

I've experienced some difficulties with a mailing-list manager,
enemies-of-carlotta[1] or eoc in short. eoc relies on the RECIPIENT
variable to see if the incoming email is a list or not, and act
accordingly. This makes it easy to manage a list as a user directly
from your procmailrc.

The problem occurs when exim removes duplicate copies of an incoming
message (assume one of the recipients is the list address, the other
is my personal user address, both routed to the procmail transport for
the same user). In that case the RECIPIENT variable contains only one
of the the two recipients (and eoc may not see the message). Even if
it did contain both, eoc currently cannot cope with it. The
`Envelope-To' header contains both recipients, but then I need to
post-process the message to extract that value and loop over each
recipient. I'd rather avoid it and instead tell exim to please not
remove duplicates, no matter what.

§3.11 in the doc suggests this is not possible, and duplicates are
always removed. Did I miss a configuration flag somewhere? If it is
currently not possible, would it be reasonable to enable it in future
versions? I'm using v4.62 on a debian machine.

Regards,

Laurent.

[1] http://liw.iki.fi/liw/eoc/