Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it
Hello,

On 3 Aug 2006 at 12:46, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:10, Zbigniew Szalbot took the opportunity to
> say:
> > Hope someone can help me. I am running Exim 4.62 under cygwin on XP. I have
> > successfully set up most options but there is one thing that I cannot do
> > and hope you can give me a hint. Namely, I have a router for the mail
> > delivery like this (I am using maildir):
> >
> > local_delivery:
> > driver = appendfile
> > # file = /var/spool/mail/$local_part
> > delivery_date_add
> > envelope_to_add
> > return_path_add
> > # group = mail
> > initgroups = no
> > mode = 0666
> > mode_fail_narrower = no
> > check_group = no
> > check_owner = no
> > directory=${home}/Mail/Maildir
>
> If you're using maildir, you should have a maildir_format somewhere...

Not sure I understand - the mailboxes are in /home/USER_NAME/Mail/Maildir
Mail files have names like qJ3EZSE-54119, etc.

> *How* do you connect and authenticate? You must have a POP or IMAP server
> involved. inetd knows nothing of this - it's just a meta-server that accepts
> connections and spawns the server processes that do the actual work. But yes,
> whatever server you use it must of course look in the same place as where
> Exim places the incoming mail.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird but I also tried telnet localhost 110, giving username and
password and I got information
+ OK Mailbox open, 0 messages.

But there are some in Maildir folder.

Thank you once again for helping me!