Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it
On Thursday 03 August 2006 13:05, Zbigniew Szalbot took the opportunity to
say:
> > If you're using maildir, you should have a maildir_format somewhere...
>
> Not sure I understand - the mailboxes are in /home/USER_NAME/Mail/Maildir
> Mail files have names like qJ3EZSE-54119, etc.

OK, that sounds fine.

> > *How* do you connect and authenticate? You must have a POP or IMAP server
> > involved. inetd knows nothing of this - it's just a meta-server that
> > accepts connections and spawns the server processes that do the actual
> > work. But yes, whatever server you use it must of course look in the same
> > place as where Exim places the incoming mail.
>
> I use Mozilla Thunderbird but I also tried telnet localhost 110, giving
> username and password and I got information
> + OK Mailbox open, 0 messages.

Yes, but what server software? If you're only using what comes with Cygwin I
suspect it's UW-imapd, which doesn't support Maildir.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)