Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail delivered, clients don't see it
On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:10, Zbigniew Szalbot took the opportunity to
say:
> Hope someone can help me. I am running Exim 4.62 under cygwin on XP. I have
> successfully set up most options but there is one thing that I cannot do
> and hope you can give me a hint. Namely, I have a router for the mail
> delivery like this (I am using maildir):
>
> local_delivery:
> driver = appendfile
> # file = /var/spool/mail/$local_part
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> # group = mail
> initgroups = no
> mode = 0666
> mode_fail_narrower = no
> check_group = no
> check_owner = no
> directory=${home}/Mail/Maildir

If you're using maildir, you should have a maildir_format somewhere...

> When I open the /mail/maildir on the hard drive I can see all my messages
> sent to a user. However, when I connect with a client and authenticate I am
> told I have no new mail.
>
> I guess this is a question of telling inetd where the mail is stored but
> since I have practically no experience with *nix systems I do not know how
> to do that.

*How* do you connect and authenticate? You must have a POP or IMAP server
involved. inetd knows nothing of this - it's just a meta-server that accepts
connections and spawns the server processes that do the actual work. But yes,
whatever server you use it must of course look in the same place as where
Exim places the incoming mail.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)