Re: [exim] suggestion for those implementing ACLs to suppres…

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] suggestion for those implementing ACLs to suppressbackscatter bounces
On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 09:06 +0100, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, John Horne wrote:

> > > I think there are cases (mailinglists?) where that isn't so.
> > >
> > Yes. The RFC actual states that more than one recipient is possible (and
> > hence allowed). I can't remember which RFC it was, I would have to dig
> > it out again (possibly 2821), but I was reading about this very problem
> > a week or two ago.
>
> While that's true, is it a common occurrence? Does anyone have any feel
> for the risk of rejecting on this condition?

Well it does occur. We have a local College that sends out mail with a
null address and to multiple recipients. I tried getting them to explain
how/why this was happening but I'm not sure they knew. At the time we
were rejecting their mail because of this, but have now let it through.
As far as I can tell they are running Microsoft Exchange.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839