Re: [exim] suggestion for those implementing ACLs tosuppress…

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] bounce messages to multiple recipients (was: Re: suggestion for those implementing ACLs to suppress backscatter bounces)
Subject: Re: [exim] suggestion for those implementing ACLs tosuppressbackscatter bounces
On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:45 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Chris Lightfoot wrote:
>
> > No valid bounce will have >1 recipient
>
> I think there are cases (mailinglists?) where that isn't so.

Yes. The RFC actual states that more than one recipient is possible (and
hence allowed). I can't remember which RFC it was, I would have to dig
it out again (possibly 2821), but I was reading about this very problem
a week or two ago.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839