Re: [exim] "HELO given" check at MAIL or RCPT time?

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "HELO given" check at MAIL or RCPT time?
Quoting Marc Haber:

> I am wondering whether it is appopriate to do that check at MAIL or at
> RCPT time. What do you think?

(Default config's) Sender verification is done in the RCPT ACL, so I'd
say this is also the right point for other checks that would logically
belong into the MAIL ACL. (HELO check should be before verify, but I
guess you know that.)

IIRC, the reason for that was that some broken MTAs do not recognise
permanent errors on MAIL FROM as permanent, so they keep trying to send
until their queue timeout hits. I wonder if such trash is still in use
today.