Re: [exim] Vacation exim 4 dynamic ip problem

Autor: kmb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Vacation exim 4 dynamic ip problem

Daniel Müller Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with vacation and exim4.
> I have several smarthost over which I send mails.
> ..Vacation files and .forward files are generated correctly via the
> vacation plugin of squirrelmail.
> Now forwarding is no problem. When a user set a address to which
> should
> be forwarded exim
> choses the right router(several provider) and transport on behalf of
> the domain aliases.
> But when the user sets an vacation message exim just chooses the
> dnslookup and the normal remote smtp.
> Exim is then connecting directly with the recipients Email-Server and
> get a ‘Your address is listed as dynamic…
> We are not accepting…..’
> And the mails are refused on the most Servers.
> Is there a way to send the vacation message the right way over my
> defined smarthost?
>
> My configuration:
> The router the last one in config file exim.conf
>

> vacation:
> driver=accept
> check_local_user
> require_files= $home/.vacation.msg
> senders= !*-request@.*:\
> !e-drug-bounces@???:\
> !bounce-*@.*:\
> !*-bounce@.*:\
> !*bounce*@.*:\
> !newsletter-*@.*:\
> !news*@.*:\
> !news@.*:\
> !*-newsletter@.*:\
> !*newsletter@.*:\
> !owner-.*@.*:\
> !postmaster@.*:\
> !listmaster@.*:\
> !webmaster@.*:\
> !mailer-daemon@.*:\
> !noreply*@.*:\
> !newsletter*@.*:\
> !info@.*:\
> !info*@*:\
> !*@info*:\
> !request*@.*:\
> !*@.newsletter*:\
> !fetchmail*@.*:\
> !wwwrun@???:\
> !autoreply*@*:\
> !www*@.*:\
> !root@.*
> transport=vacation_transport
> unseen
>
> Now the transport:
>
> vacation_transport:
> driver= pipe
> command= /usr/bin/vacation -I $local_part
>
> Thanks in advance
> Daniel

Daniel,

You may want to control the delivery of the outbound Vacation
message using exim rather than relying on the Vacation program. Try
the Vacation transport in place of your's

Code:
--------------------

vacation_reply:
driver = autoreply
file =$home/.vacation.msg
file_expand
from = Autoreply System <$original_local_part@$original_domain>
log = $home/.vacation.log
once = $home/.vacation.db
once_repeat = 7d
subject = ${if def:h_Subject: {Re: ${quote:${escape:${length_50:$h_Subject:}}} (autoreply)} {I am on vacation} }
text = "\
Dear $h_from\n\n\
This is an automatic reply. Feel free to send additional\n\
mail, as only this one notice will be generated once every 7 days.\n\
The following is a prerecorded message, sent for $original_local_part@$original_domain:\n\
====================================================\n\n\
"
to = "$sender_address"

--------------------

This will allow you to crontrol the auto responce as well. This will
then follow the rules for delivery of outbound email with in your EXIM
config as well .

Hope this helps some.

Regards.

Kevin