Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam
On Jul 14, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>>
>> That makes perfect sense. Thanks!
>>
>> Out of curiosity, could that be done as {yes} {no} and get the same
>> result?
>
> Yup, in fact the {1}{0} could have been omitted entirely, as they are
> the default values for those parameters to ${if...}. I try to
> structure
> my conditions to omit those parameters whenever possible in my config,
> as I find that makes it easier to read.

That's a good idea. Readability is important. As I just
inadvertently demonstrated, it can easily be misunderstood.

>> What about the core problem? I went into the scores.cf file of SA
>> and changed the blacklist to 50 from 100. Is the inability to reject
>> a score over 100 a bug or a feature?
>
> It's something that you're the only person to report. I suspect
> there's
> something going on that your not noticing. Can you produce exim debug
> output from a test message that scores higher than 100 in SA?

It's happening on several accounts, but only those which get the
Pottery Barn spam. On its own merits, the PB messages gets a score
of about 2 or 3. That's not enough for my setup to reject it. I
don't do that until 4. But, with the blacklist being 100, that score
gets bumped to 102 or 103. I don't currently have a message from PB,
but I'll probably get one today or tomorrow. I'll send the
appropriate headers.

-Michael
Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and
in their pleasure takes joy, even as though t'were his own.
                     --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe