Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam
Michael Johnson wrote:

> That makes perfect sense. Thanks!
>
> Out of curiosity, could that be done as {yes} {no} and get the same
> result?

Yup, in fact the {1}{0} could have been omitted entirely, as they are
the default values for those parameters to ${if...}. I try to structure
my conditions to omit those parameters whenever possible in my config,
as I find that makes it easier to read.

> What about the core problem? I went into the scores.cf file of SA
> and changed the blacklist to 50 from 100. Is the inability to reject
> a score over 100 a bug or a feature?

It's something that you're the only person to report. I suspect there's
something going on that your not noticing. Can you produce exim debug
output from a test message that scores higher than 100 in SA?

Having said that, I just searched my logs and have no messages with
scores of 100 or higher, so I can't with certainty say that it works. I
do think a bug like that would have been noticed by now, though.

- Marc