Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL to reject spam
On Jul 13, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 13/07/06, Michael Johnson <kaiser@???> wrote:
>> So I need to get the 4 to equal 40. Easy enough with the first
>> number. In fact, that's what exists. The problem is when the
>> spam_score is greater than 100, or spam_score_init is greater than
>> 1000. What are the next two numbers for then? The 1 and 0 were some
>> sort of multiplier I thought. I didn't see anything in that section
>> of the documentation which would let me know how that works.
>
> Now you need to look up the docs for the ${if operator - the 1 and 0
> are the values returned when the expression inside the 'if' is true,
> and false, respectively.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, could that be done as {yes} {no} and get the same
result?

> Chapter 11.... :-)

Checking that part out now. 11.8 at the moment.

What about the core problem? I went into the scores.cf file of SA
and changed the blacklist to 50 from 100. Is the inability to reject
a score over 100 a bug or a feature? Theoretically, an all-in-one
spammer could try to sell me a mortgage, some little blue footballs,
a nice new watch to keep track of the time while looking at the pr0n
he sent(a need induced by the LBFs), and a message from a nice woman
in Nigeria who would like me to help her smuggle some money out of
the country to help pay for it all. That should jack the score up
over 100 pretty quickly, especially with some HTML, bugs, and a few
good keywords. Of course, then I'll need some Xanax to bring me down
off the anxiety train all that brought up.

-Michael

Q: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation
A: Why is top posting frowned upon?