Re: [exim] am I crazy - writing message details to a log fil…

Author: Marcus Barczak
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] am I crazy - writing message details to a log file on successful routing
Hi Guys,

On 26/06/2006, at 6:51 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> transport. (Best performance would probably be obtained by writing a
> daemon that listens on a socket and have Exim write to the socket.)

I have written a daemonised version of our mail analysis/processing
functions and it has reduced load on the machine. I've been trying
to see if there's a transport driver that can talk to a UNIX domain
socket? At the moment i've written a little lightweight middle-man
program in C that basically copies standard out to the daemon's
socket, this is called from a pipe transport.

Ultimately i'd love to just, as Philip mentions here "have exim write
directly to the socket", to cut out the middle layer connector.

Basically what I want to do is point the transport at the UNIX domain
socket and have exim pump the message into it and move on - is this
possible?

Cheers,
Marcus