Re: [exim] am I crazy - writing message details to a log fil…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marcus Barczak
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] am I crazy - writing message details to a log file on successful routing
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Marcus Barczak wrote:

> Ultimately i'd love to just, as Philip mentions here "have exim write
> directly to the socket", to cut out the middle layer connector.

Exim has a ${readsocket expansion, which writes a string to a socket and
reads a response. You could arrange to discard the response.

> Basically what I want to do is point the transport at the UNIX domain
> socket and have exim pump the message into it and move on - is this
> possible?

There isn't a "socket" transport analagous to the "pipe" transport.
However, you can use the appendfile transport to write the message to a
named pipe (which is essentially the same thing) if you set the
allow_fifo option.