Re: [exim] two stage virus scan

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] two stage virus scan
Hello,

> then the solution could be to do the virus scan at the transport ...

yes, but how? And what happens, when a virus is found? Can I define a
bounce message then?

> but i also remember that there was a recent topic talking about a way to
> know at smtp time where each address will be routed (by setting
> address_data)

In our case this wouldn't help. To know which transport will be used
doesn't tell if there is a virus scan required after a forwarding (as I
tried to describe in the forwarding-example). A (very cloddy) way would
be to do no interal forwardings/redirects, but configure exim to deliver
forwardings per smtp to itself so that the acl_check_data rule would
apply. But I don't know if this is possible to configure, I think exim
will grump that target and sender host is the same.

Regards
Marten