Re: [exim] two stage virus scan

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] two stage virus scan
Hi !!

>> then the solution could be to do the virus scan at the transport ...
>
> yes, but how?

define one transport that scans the email and reinjects it again in
exim for final delivery (as amavis and other programs do) Myabe you
could take a look a amavis: http://www.amavis.org/

> And what happens, when a virus is found? Can I define a
> bounce message then?

is really a bad idea to send a bounce message for viruses, almost all
sender addresses are faked and you get the risk to be blacklisted by
other servers.

>> but i also remember that there was a recent topic talking about a way to
>> know at smtp time where each address will be routed (by setting
>> address_data)
>
> In our case this wouldn't help. To know which transport will be used
> doesn't tell if there is a virus scan required after a forwarding (as I
> tried to describe in the forwarding-example).

sorry, i mean routers not transports

> A (very cloddy) way would
> be to do no interal forwardings/redirects,

that's what verify recipient does

> but configure exim to deliver
> forwardings per smtp to itself so that the acl_check_data rule would
> apply. But I don't know if this is possible to configure, I think exim
> will grump that target and sender host is the same.

try amavis

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53