Re: [exim] cant send mail out unless i'm an open relay

Autor: John Burnham
A: Tommy Butler, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] cant send mail out unless i'm an open relay
> I tried sending my config file in an earlier post and the
> moderator shot it down because it was a) greater than 40kb,
> and b) debian-specific. I've asked questions on this list
> before about my debian configs and everyone seemed competent
> enough to answer exim questions regardless of what flavor of
> linux its running on. How can I povide my config?

Please include the list on such things as if I disappear home for the weekend,
someone else might be able to help you still.
The Debian specificity is an issue because they've split the configuration up
and done things in a way that those of us who don't use Debian find initially
confusing. (Yes, I know the reasoning behind it. Yes, I know you can just
replace that with a monolithic config file. Let's not start arguing about that
again here.)
You may want to actually try asking this question on the Debian specific mailing
list. They may be able to tell you much more easily how to achieve what you want
within the setup you have. If not, it will probably be the ACL section of the
config file that we need to see (along with any hostlist, domainlist etc
referenced within it).
John