Re: [exim] cant send mail out unless i'm an open relay

Autor: John Burnham
A: Tommy Butler, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] cant send mail out unless i'm an open relay

> Why is this happening again and again?! I can't send email
> out unless I am set to be an open relay :(
>
> All my email bounces back with an error "550 relay not
> permitted" error unless this is set:
> domainlist relay_to_domains = *
>
> What is causing this?

Pixies ? Seriously, we can't tell from the little information you've given. We'd
need to see your configuration file.
My initial guess though ? You're sending from a client and you haven't set exim
up to allow authentication (and allow authenticated clients to send mail) or
you're not using authentication, you want a certain set of IP addresses to be
allowed to relay mail and you haven't set that up (define a hostlist and set it
to accept).
John