Re: [exim] DNS Question - Advanced

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DNS Question - Advanced
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 01:19:18PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> So I want to tell that world that a query to
> 92.239.252.87.dnsbl.junkemailfilter.com should go to this new nameserver
> instead of the regular one for the rest of the domain. How do I do that?

That's a question about how DNS works really; nothing to do with Exim.
However, IIRC you publish "NS" records like this:

; in the junkemailfilter.com zone
dnsbl.junkemailfilter.com. NS name.of.other.name.server.
dnsbl.junkemailfilter.com. NS name.of.yet.other.name.server.

If you have further DNS questions it might be a good idea to seek DNS-specific
information; e.g. RFCs 1034 and 1035, and maybe a DNS-related newsgroup or
mailing list.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet