Re: [exim] DNS Question - Advanced

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DNS Question - Advanced
Hello Marc,

Marc Perkel <marc@???> (So 04 Jun 2006 22:19:18 CEST):
> My domain junkemailfilter.com has 3 name servers set. But - for the host
> dnsbl.junkemailfilter.com I'm using a different nameserver. So I want to
> tell that world that a query to 92.239.252.87.dnsbl.junkemailfilter.com
> should go to this new nameserver instead of the regular one for the rest
> of the domain.

I wouldn't say it's advanced, or I missed some point...
First answer is: There is good documentation about setting up DNS
service around. (e.g. O'Reilly, DNS and Bind, a really good book)

Second fast answer (if you're using Bind{8,9} zone files):

    $ORIGIN junkemailfilter.com.
    $TTL 10m

    @           IN SOA .... (
                )

                IN NS NS.REALITY-DNS.COM.
                IN NS REALITY-DNS.NET.
                IN NS NS.REALITY-DNS.ORG.

    dnsbl       IN NS <your 1st name server for your subdomain>
                IN NS <your 2nd name server for your subdomain>

    ; and do not forget the glue records, if your name servers
    ; are inside the subdomain

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -