Re: [exim] How to modify the Subject header

Author: John Hall
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to modify the Subject header
On 6/4/06, Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:

> >I'm running SpamAssassin in the data ACL. I have the following in my
> >ACLS that adds a modified subject header:
> >
> > warn  message = X-Local-NewSubject: [spam $spam_score] $h_Subject:
> >        condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{50}{1}{0}}

> >And then in the system filter I replace the original header with the new one:
> >
> >if $h_X-Local-NewSubject: is not "" then
> >        headers add "X-Local-OldSubject: $h_Subject"
> >        headers remove "Subject"
> >        headers add "Subject: $h_X-Local-NewSubject"
> >        headers remove "X-Local-NewSubject"
> >endif

> There is a better way using ACL variables mentioned in the wiki. Why
> do people keep posting outdated and deprecated mechanisms?

Because we haven't seen the better way in the Wiki.

I've just looked in the Wiki and on
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/ExiscanExamples the example code is
pretty much identical to the code I posted. It mentions in passing
that you could use acl variable to transport the new header to the
system filter, but that is not what the example shows.

Cheers
John