Re: [exim] How to modify the Subject header

Author: Yves Goergen
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to modify the Subject header
On 04.06.2006 09:51 (+0100), Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:03:30 +0100, "John Hall" <j@???> wrote:
>> I'm running SpamAssassin in the data ACL. I have the following in my
>> ACLS that adds a modified subject header:
>>
>> warn  message = X-Local-NewSubject: [spam $spam_score] $h_Subject:
>>        condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{50}{1}{0}}

>> And then in the system filter I replace the original header with the new one:
>>
>> if $h_X-Local-NewSubject: is not "" then
>>        headers add "X-Local-OldSubject: $h_Subject"
>>        headers remove "Subject"
>>        headers add "Subject: $h_X-Local-NewSubject"
>>        headers remove "X-Local-NewSubject"
>> endif

> There is a better way using ACL variables mentioned in the wiki. Why
> do people keep posting outdated and deprecated mechanisms?

I have found something, too, using a variable called acl_VAR_SOMETHING
but Exim would only tell me it doesn't understand what I mean. So I
changed it back to the new temporary header.

(Running latest Exim 4.62)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.