Re: [exim] dnslookup hang up while verifying spam mail

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] dnslookup hang up while verifying spam mail
Hi

On 01/06/2006 21:24, Marek Maj(c)herek Majchrowski wrote:
<snip>
> Can anybody tells me, what i should do with this?
> How can I cat off the dnsloookup if it doesn't work...

Mine does this (debug trimmed to make it relevant):

calling dnslookup router
dnslookup router called for root@???
domain = zytechnologies.com
DNS lookup of zytechnologies.com (MX) gave TRY_AGAIN
zytechnologies.com in dns_again_means_nonexist? no (option unset)
returning DNS_AGAIN
dnslookup router: defer for root@???
message: host lookup did not complete
root@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
host lookup did not complete
search_tidyup called

The first run on a "clean" pair of DNS resolvers not used to lookup that
domain before gave a response in 35 seconds, the second run took 0.18s.

Looks to me like your nameservers are doing something odd, or your
underlying resolver libraries. I don't think it's Exim itself - at
least, mine doesn't exhibit this "stalling" problem that you see.

Graeme