Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem
On Monday 29 May 2006 02:30, eximhelp@??? took the opportunity to
write:
> Dave Evans wrote:
> > Indeed, something like "qualify_domain = localhost" (or in fact any other
> > domain name that you're not already using, and isn't Internet-routable).
> > Then make sure that your acl_smtp_rcpt rejects that domain, except for
> > local mail (accept hosts = :). Finally, as Magnus says, have a router
> > handle that domain.

> I've tried doing that, and it seems to route fine, but I can't seem to
> stop EXIM from routing mail to local users even when they aren't
> explicitly set in the proper alias file. In other words, if root can
> receive mail at all, it also receives spam.
>
> I want local users to be able to send mail to local users without
> specifying the domain (which seems to work fine with qualify_recipient,
> et al.), but I don't want them externally routable. Right now,
> root@<any_local_domain> delivers to root. How do I stop that without
> stopping internal routing?

You typically use ACLs. ACLs are the difference between which addresses can be
routed and which are permitted.

You could also add a precondition to the localhost router:

condition = ${if !def:sender_host_address}

If by "externally routable" you mean that an address "exists" when mail is
submitted over SMTP, then this is the option for you.

Note that if you want to be able to send mail to local users over SMTP to
localhost, you need a more complicated condition.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)