Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem

Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem
On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 12:58:39AM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Hmm, well, yes, Exim always qualify addresses, i.e. every envelope address
> handled by Exim always has a local part and domain. I think it says so
> somewhere in the specification but I can't find it right now.

Section 1.9 "Limitations: Exim insists that every address it handles has a
domain attached...."

> Can't you just set qualify_recipient to something unique, or the
> empty string like you tried, and have a special router which handles that
> dummy domain?

Indeed, something like "qualify_domain = localhost" (or in fact any other
domain name that you're not already using, and isn't Internet-routable). Then
make sure that your acl_smtp_rcpt rejects that domain, except for local mail
(accept hosts = :). Finally, as Magnus says, have a router handle that domain.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet

PGP key: http://powernet.co.uk/~davide/pgpkey