Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Local users delivery problem
On Monday 29 May 2006 00:26, eximhelp@??? took the opportunity to
write:
> I've tried setting those, and they simply control which hosts can send
> unqualified addresses and which hosts can receive unqualified
> addresses. I have them both set to localhost, so the server should be
> able to send and receive unqualified addresses. However, the server
> still qualifies the addresses before qualifying them. "root" becomes
> "root@???"

Hmm, well, yes, Exim always qualify addresses, i.e. every envelope address
handled by Exim always has a local part and domain. I think it says so
somewhere in the specification but I can't find it right now. Then there is
the rewriting of unqualified addresses in headers which on the other hand can
be suppressed.

I'm not 100% sure what you're actually trying to acheive, but basically you
want user1 to be distinct from user1@$primary_hostname or user1@<any other
domain>? Can't you just set qualify_recipient to something unique, or the
empty string like you tried, and have a special router which handles that
dummy domain?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)