[exim] Problems sending to a server with call-out verificati…

Autor: Toralf Lund
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Problems sending to a server with call-out verification
Hi.

I've recently been having problems sending from the Exim setup at work
to a server that uses call-out verification. The receiver, probably also
running Exim says

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<somewhere@???>:
host somewhere.net [1.2.3.4]: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout

[receiver address and IP have been altered.]

I suspect that this may actually be caused by some kind of problem at
our end, as other people seem to be able to send to this particular
address. We can send to other servers as well, but maybe most of them
don't use callout verification?

In any case, do you have any idea what may be causing this?

- T