Re: [exim] Importing the WishList into Bugzilla (seriously!)

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Importing the WishList into Bugzilla (seriously!)
Friday 19 May 2006 17:46 skrev Philip Hazel:
> On Fri, 19 May 2006, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > I have written an ugly Perl script that can create Bugzilla bugs from the
> > WishList file. It's ugly because it's intended to be used just once.
>
> I think I want to leave this issue to the other members of the "Exim
> maintenance team", as I'm trying to hand over more and more things to
> other people. However, guys, you might like to consider whether just to
> bung in all the items like this, or whether to consider them one by one.
> The Wish List has quite a lot of old cruft in it, as well as items that
> could probably be amalgamated. Certainly, it hasn't been thoroughly
> scrutinized for quite some time, and some items could even be obsolete.

So, what do you say, Other People? Either we/you can go through the wishlist
and clean it up before importing it, or we can import it in its current, raw,
and complete state and then close any redundant or obsolete items afterwards.
I'd say the latter. It's easier to collaborate by writing comments, which
means that things are more likely to happen.

If the conversion script is run on the server holding the Bugzilla
installation and database it might be better to run SQL queries directly or
to interface through the Bugzilla classes instead of through the web
interface, though. It would be better if all old crossreferences could be
replaced with new ones, instead of just complemented.

> I assume Bugzilla has a nice way of scanning through a Wish List that
> shows whole items, not just the first few words, because that's how I
> scan the flat file. But I agree that it seems the best way forward.

There is the "Long Format" for bug lists, which basically is all bugs in a
particular bug list in "Format For Printing", which means all fields and all
comments included.

> I am now off on vacation for a week. Hooray!

Good for you!

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)