Re: [exim] Importing the WishList into Bugzilla (seriously!)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Importing the WishList into Bugzilla (seriously!)
On Fri, 19 May 2006, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> I have written an ugly Perl script that can create Bugzilla bugs from the
> WishList file. It's ugly because it's intended to be used just once.

I think I want to leave this issue to the other members of the "Exim
maintenance team", as I'm trying to hand over more and more things to
other people. However, guys, you might like to consider whether just to
bung in all the items like this, or whether to consider them one by one.
The Wish List has quite a lot of old cruft in it, as well as items that
could probably be amalgamated. Certainly, it hasn't been thoroughly
scrutinized for quite some time, and some items could even be obsolete.

I assume Bugzilla has a nice way of scanning through a Wish List that
shows whole items, not just the first few words, because that's how I
scan the flat file. But I agree that it seems the best way forward.

I am now off on vacation for a week. Hooray!