Re: [exim] How to verify and authenticate only for outgoing …

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
Subject: Re: [exim] How to verify and authenticate only for outgoing mail

On 22 May 2006, at 11:28, Lekshmi A. R wrote:

> It is working if I give as
>
> require verify        = sender
>          condition     = ${if eq{$sender_address_local_part}
> {vinodgm} \
>                           {yes} {no} }

> instead of
>
> require verify    = sender
>           condition = ${if eq{$sender_address_local_part}
> {$authenticated_id} \
>                            {yes} {no} }

> where vinodgm is a valid user in the server.

putting a condition on a require verb will only restrict its
validity. This is clearly not what you want to do. I doubt you want
to verify the sender *only* when the sender_address_local_part is
equal to the authenticated_id.
Also please do not send HTML email. The list strips it but I have to
endure its style confusion when reading the reply directed to my
personal address. Thanks.

Giuliano