[exim] Demime misses extensions (using Exim 4.34)

Author: Christian Hertel
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Demime misses extensions (using Exim 4.34)
Hello allz,

I have the following data_acl configuration:

--- snip ---
acl_check_data:
  deny    message       = Found blacklisted attachment extension: $found_extension
          demime        = txt:pdf
  accept
--- snap ---

Now in most cases, mails containing pdf attachments are rejected now, but if the filename contains i. e. german umlaut characters like ä, ü or ö, Microsoft Outlook (tested with Outlook 2003) creates a mail containing MIME blocks like this one:

--- snip ---
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C67DB6.D1502C10
--- snap ---

In that case, exiscan seems to miss that this mail contains the file "Tübingenhin.pdf", which should be blocked.

I don't know if this is a known bug (I'm using exim 4.34 atm.) and if it has been fixed in a newer version of exim, because I've found nothing about that in the exim-users archives.

Cheers,

--
Christian Hertel
Netzwerk-Sicherheit/Netzwerk-Applikationen

infoServe GmbH
Nell-Breuning-Allee 6
D-66115 Saarbruecken

T: (0681) 8 80 08 - 59