Re: [exim] Exim documentation is badly indexed by Google

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Chris Lear, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim documentation is badly indexed by Google

--On 22 May 2006 12:13:33 +0100 Chris Lear <chris.lear@???> wrote:

> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch24.html#transport
> _filter. As it happens, the correct url seems to be
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch24.html#id2626250,
> but I don't think this is linked to anywhere on the web.

Yes, interestingly, if I use this google search term
"site:www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60 perl" (without the quotes), I get no
results. That suggests that http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/ isn't
indexed by google at all! However, <http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/> is!

I think this could be improved by including a URL that always pointed to
the current documentation. Say, http://www.exim.org/docs/

Another good way of searching the docs is by searching the PDF.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex