Re: [exim] deleting unread messages

Author: Casey Allen Shobe
To: exim-users
CC: Leonardo Boselli, H. Wilmer
Subject: Re: [exim] deleting unread messages
On Friday 19 May 2006 14:47, H. Wilmer wrote:
> Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> > Set up a daily cron job with for maildir in whatever; do find
> > $maildir/cur/ -not -name '*T' -ctime 90 -exec rm {} \; done or something.
>
> How would he send the bounces for the deleted mail?

I'm not saying that I think his idea is a good one from a philosophical/legal
standpoint (I don't), but from a technical standpoint, the above is a much
better way of accomplishing the goal than trying to do it within exim.

Exim should only care about mail *at it's delivery/routing time*. If you're
trying to do more than that with it, you're using the wrong tool for the job
(right or wrong as the job may be is another issue entirely).

Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe@??? | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com