Re: [exim] deleting unread messages

Author: Casey Allen Shobe
To: exim-users
CC: Leonardo Boselli, H. Wilmer
Subject: Re: [exim] deleting unread messages
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:14, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> 1. when user regure an account they sign a written request, where is
> clearly printet that mailbox not read for more than 3 months can be
> deleted, if there is a need of space
> 2. The folder that should deleted automatically is the one where
> smamassassin deliver suspect spam ... so....
> 3, agis ... does someone know about a script that delete messages devered
> before a certain date ?

Using exim for this is almost certainly the wrong approach. If a user gets
1000 messages in a day, do you really want to consume the disk I/O required
for searching their entire mailbox every time a message is received? I
should think not.

Set up a daily cron job with for maildir in whatever; do find
$maildir/cur/ -not -name '*T' -ctime 90 -exec rm {} \; done or something.

--
Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe@??? | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com